Join in our conversation

Notifications
Clear all

The Adversary Cycle by F Paul Wilson  

RSS
Paul Pickering
(@paul-pickering)
Member Admin

My favourite book, or in this case series of books, is not from my favourite author.  James Herbert remains my favourite author but The Adversary Cycle series from F Paul Wilson is a great read.  There are six titles in the series which are The Keep, Reborn, The Touch, The Tomb, Reprisal and Nightworld.  The story begins in Nazi occupied Europe during World War 2 and concludes with a huge hole in the middle of Central Park, New York in the 1980s.  Each book is quite different from the others although there are experiences that link our motley band of heroes which is assembled during the novels, some appearing in more than one storyline, before uniting in the final volume to beat the evil forces that were released in The Keep.  The books were written over an eleven year period during which Wilson penned many other novels and short stories.  I do not believe that when he wrote The Keep that he envisaged what would become the Adversary Cycle.

I read The Keep first but then picked up other editions out of sequence.  When I finally completed the set I re-read them in the correct order.  The Keep, which was first published in 1981, was made into a film in 1983 and is, in my opinion, a very reasonable watch.  I would love for the whole cycle to be made into a TV series or film franchise as I think the books lend themselves very well to this format.  Wilson is a trained physician and many of his books, included The Touch in particular make strong references to the medical world.

Posted : 13/05/2020 9:24 pm
Share:
May 2020
MTWTFSS

Recent Posts

Topic Tags

No tags found

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This